Friday, July 8, 2011

SUMMER TIME


This is the wonderful view I have as I sit on my back porch.
It is my favorite place to be this summer.
Watching the birds while I enjoy the shade and sit under the  fan on the porch.
We have worked hard the past month or so on the large
flower bed we put in off the porch.
It has been quite a job working on the hill
where nothing is flat. 
But what fun shopping for plants.  We found a wonderful Amish greenhouse
that had the best plants and prices.
And another place out in the country and we call the
"hippie greenhouses"!  You would have to see it to know why it is called that!

Neil made the bee skep the other day. 
And has moved all the rocks for the
landscape. 
We have been all dragging rocks home
from along the roads, creeks and up above
 our woods out of a corn field.
It is hot, hard work but there are just
so many wonderful rocks to be had!

With the long days of summer here is hard to not
enjoy the pools on hot afternoons so I tried to get my 'chores' finished in time
to enjoy some pool time each day.

I really have to pinch myself to believe this is our great life now!


1 comment:

laurie said...

haha-it took me 3 days to notice new blog post. Love your view and beeskep.